Tuesday, August 10, 2010

New Goals for New studio - Houston TX Photographer

So as a lot of you know, August is the start of a new time for me and my studio. I am kicking off all kinds of new things, products and ideas. I am taking what you have told me works and building on it. Taking what you said didn't and throwing it out.

I thought one of the best ways to build a great foundation is to sit down and write out some goals. And what is the best way to hold myself accountable? Publish them! Oh and there is no timeline on these. Just hopefully get to them by August of next year.

So here are the new goals for KP Photo on going. See what you think. Some are personal, you are steal them! And some are business related. I wanted to share them, so that we can all better ourselves at the same time. And frankly you guys can help me stick to them. So it is a long post, but I have a lot of goals!

Building Relationships
1. Spend at least 1 weekend a month doing “nothing” with my husband
2. Get in touch with and/or visit a friend I haven’t seen in years
3. Write a real letter to someone once a week for 3 months
4. Meet a neighbor I don’t already know
5. Make 3 new friends
6. Really get to know my studio clients – relationship building

Charity/community
1. Volunteer my photography services to a community project or a family in need
2. Host Mamartazzi technical photo club
3. Donate old books to local book drive
4. Do an anonymous favor or ‘pay it forward’
5. Donate portrait shoot to charity auction
6. Purge closet of anything not worn in last 2 years, clean out garage!
7. Buy a meal for a complete stranger
8. Host a random giveaway on my blog

Fun with Husband, Caden or Family & Friends
1. Take a staycation with C&C and just lay around the house
2. Institute date night at least twice a month, money isn’t required
3. Make sure Caden get’s outside to play at least twice a week
4. Check out new places like Gymboree, Little Gym, My Gym, YMCA, local parks
5. Have neighbors over for dinner at least once!
6. Plan holidays with family – don’t hibernate

Health & wellness
1. Work out at least once a week
2. Go to bed by 9pm every weekday for a month
3. Try a new recipe at least once a week
4. Take a full lunch break away from the computer at least twice a week for 3 months
5. Institute quiet time every morning before Caden wakes up for devotionals

Personal growth & development
1. Publish an inspirational quote on FB every other day for a month
2. Go to library at least 6 times to read and learn, not sleep in the quiet rooms.
3. Try 5 new restaurants
4. Establish $5000 personal emergency fund (that doesn’t involve shopping emergencies)
5. Learn to scuba dive and/or sky dive
6. Read and implement Dave Ramsey’s Total Money Makeover
7. Pair down the “stuff” in our house
8. Learn to relax and do nothing!

Photography
1. Get published in Woodlands Instyle magazine
2. Get published on a blog other than mine like Savvy Photographer
3. Photograph a destination portrait or wedding session, preferably in Europe
4. Enter a photo competition or two in 2011
5. Go on a photo safari to document India or African children
6. Get certified through PPA
7. Shoot a session in the rain
8. Find a pet project to take at every session
9. WPPI in Vegas
10. Get out in the community more, Spring mom’s and babes, advertise in school functions, etc.

Rest & Relaxation
1. Spend a day I bed doing nothing for no real reason
2. Go an entire day with no email, text or message boards
3. Get a massage every Saturday for a month
4. Sleep in until at least 7:30am every Saturday for a month

Travel
1. Visit Africa
2. Take a random road trip with Chris
3. Visit France with Caden
4. Take another trip to Costa Rica
5. Visit Australia, concentration camps, Russia and Maine
6. Take another cruise through the Med
7. Take Caden to Iowa, Hawaii and CA

Random stuff
1. Focus on one room at a time and finish decorating it , start with Caden’s room, then the studio
2. Pay off credit cards
3. Create our wedding DVD
4. Watch 10 movies I should have already seen
5. Put a note in a book for a random stranger to find
6. Create our wills
7. Complete 2 truths and 2 dares proposed by someone who comments on this post
8. Send a care package to someone who comments on this post (randomly selected)


1 comment:

  1. New time?? Did I miss something?

    Girl, you are going to be very ambitious this next year! One change I would make: get massages for a month...better idea--get one massage a month for a year. You get way more massages that way and why not spread out the goodness :)

    Oh and if you need somewhere to stay in Maine, let me know, you could visit my mom or I'm sure she could tell you all the good places to visit. Also, if you are looking for a travel companion, I would love to join you :)

    ReplyDelete