Monday, March 15, 2010

WPPI update - Woodland's TX photographer


I think I'm finally coming down off of my WPPI high and I can logically tell you about all of the cool things that happened. For those of you that don't know what WPPI is, it is the top Photography convention of the year. This year held in Vegas, it hosted 17,000 photographers. WPPI stands for Wedding, Portrait Photographers International. And man, it didn't disappoint.

This was my first year to go. I was so overwhelmed with the amount of people, and vendors. If you ever go, leave your checkbook at home! I was so tempted to buy everything in site. There were new lights, cameras, backdrops! Oh I could go broke! Here are a few of the cool things that we did.
  • Attended many, many break outs (learned a ton)
  • Met many famous photographers like Elizabeth Messina, Audrey Woodard, Kevin Kubota, Vicki Taufer, and Denis Craft
  • Spent hours in the expo viewing all kinds of new products! Wow!
  • Met Jill E of the cool new Jill-e photo bags. Even talked her into making purple ones.
  • Most of all, got a renewed look at our studio! More to come on this....
So, needless to say we had a really great time. Chris saw the passion I had for this business and how we could possibly make this work as a full time business. So he in on board. I am recharged. We got a few little things at the expo to get us going. And next time you see the studio, I think you will be surprised!

I will post before and after's soon!
Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment