Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Stepping Stones - How often should you come see me? - Woodlands TX Photographer

I have had several people lately ask me who often should I come to see you?

Well, you know my answer will be all of the time! I miss you guys when you only come once a year. But honestly, I realize that everyone has a budget and professional photos are not always on that budget. I understand that no one needs photographs, it is just something that we want.

That being said, I wanted to share with you a list that I came up with. It is the really important stages in a child's life that I feel you really shouldn't miss. Having a BS in early childhood education, so I know a little about this. I centered my list around the huge changes that happen in a child's life. So for Caden, I think it is really important that he be professionally photographed by someone at the ages shown below, so that I have really nice images to remember these milestones. And oftentimes trying to take them of your own child doesn't work (trust me on this!)

So on to the list. So if your are at one of these milestones or would like to join our Stepping Stones club, so that I can remind you to come in. Contact me. I would be happy to sign you up.

Stepping Stones

Maternity
  • 7/8th month
Baby
  • Newborn (under 2 weeks)
  • Sitting
  • Crawling
  • Walking
Toddler
  • 1-3 years (Mr or Ms Independent) An extended session for their 1st birthday. And at least one time in these years.
Child
  • 3-5 years (Goodbye baby, hello child, loosing baby teeth) An extended session for the year they begin Kindergarten.
  • 5-7 years (Leaving the Nest) At least one time in these years
  • 7-9 years (Pre-adolescent) At least one time in these years.
Tween
  • 9-11 years (Declaration of Independence) At least one time in these years
Teen
  • Before Highschool At least one time in these years.
  • Senior year An extended session for their senior year.

So in total, that is a suggested 12 sessions throughout a child's lifetime (13 if you include a maternity session). Now I love to do birthday sessions each year for kids, but that is up to you as a family. Seeing a child grow through great photography, year after year is so fantastic.

And how cool would it be to have a family shot every year as well, but now we are just really going crazy!

More on the Stepping Stones program soon, I'm working on it! Enjoy the information provided and I hope that our new program makes it affordable for everyone to capture those moments.
Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment