Monday, March 29, 2010

Big week for anniversaries - Woodlands TX photographer

I will start with the bigger of the two anniversaries.

On Sunday, I will have been married to my hubby for 6 years. Our anniversary is 4/4/04. Hard to believe, but time has flown by. Every day is not a picnic, but there are more beautiful, magical moments than not. And that is all we can ask for. And with our new little family growing with Caden, everyday is filled with life and laughter at our house. So here is to another 6 years of learning about each other, laughing together, and finding true bliss.

The other big anniversary this week, is Kara Powell Photography is turning 2.

Even though I had been taking photos since I was in junior high, two years ago, at bluebonnet time, I decided to get off of my butt and really take a chance at something I really wanted to do. I put out a few flyers for bluebonnet photos and actually got a few takers! I was so excited. And ever since then, I never looked back. Learning new things every day, trying new techniques and styles, finding my way. And now two years later, I have a following and I'm really close to taking this venture full time. Plus I have a niche that I love more than anything! So I wanted to thank all of you that have helped me get here. I definitely couldn't have done it without you. The great part is we are only two years into this. Can you imagine what the next two years will bring! It is going to be out of control! I'm thinking of throwing a baby shower every year for all of my mommies. How fun would that be?

So... with this big week, it deserves some contests! So here goes.
  • Celebration photo contest! Since we are celebrating this week, send me your favorite celebration photo by 4/7 and I will post the best ones. Then we will vote. I have a free massage coupon for the winner!
  • The first two people that email me can have the opportunity to receive either a free 11x14 enlargement of a previous portrait from a session or if you are a new client, you can come by the studio for a free mini session! How fabulous is that! But this is only good to the first 2 people who email me.
  • Referral contest - I am looking to hit 200 fans on my facebook page. Lofty, I know, but we can do it. And if we do, I will have a huge discount for only my Facebook fans. We might hold a party!... Plus then when you come in, I can post your images to Facebook and tag you. So everyone head over to the Facebook page and "Friend" me.
Hope you all are having a fun and celebratory week as well! I know we will.
Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment