Thursday, February 25, 2010

Kute Photo (KP) of the Month - January

A lot of photographers do this and I think it is such a great idea and fabulous way to showcase our clients. A little detail on how I choose these photos. It can be a lot of different reasons.
  • Maybe it was an amazingly hard shot to get
  • Maybe it was a really surprising reaction or look.
  • Maybe the family, child or baby is just too cute I just can't stand it!
  • Maybe the whole session was just picture perfect.
    For whatever reason, I will choose one image per month and showcase them on the blog as the Artist's choice. As part of this honor, they will receive a 11x14 print of this image, as well as a $50 gift certificate towards their next session. And the best part is that they will be entered into the 2010 Picture of the Year contest. In the early weeks of January you will help us vote on what you consider the best photo of Kara Powell Photography 2010. The winner of the 2010 contest will receive a free session with me, and a 11x14 print from the winning session.

    So for January, I have chosen the session of Miss C. You have seen her often, as she is part of our Tippy Toes plan. This session was one of those picture perfect sessions I mentioned above. We had so many good shots from it, it was hard to choose one the sneak peak. 6 months is a good age, but man was she in a good mood! I chose this photo because I love the interaction between you two. There is something about the relationship between a mom and her daughter, I just love it. Enjoy your 11x14 you guys. And congrats on being the first KP winners!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment